Aaron is the founder and publisher of Timeless Reads, specializing in publishing outstanding public domain books. Timeless Reads had over $100,000 in sales in its first year as a one-man publishing shop. Three of Aaron’s releases hit the top 100 bestseller list on Amazon, including one that became the #1 bestselling book for Kindle.
Got a business, or a product or service you’re ready to sell? Let me join you in knocking it outta the park in my ‘Small Biz Sage & Sherpa Package‘ – You, Me, Your Biz, Your Success.
Before Free Agency
- Aaron was working full time in IT, and still is, even though he grossed $100,000 his first year in this ‘side business’.
Spark – What started the idea for free agency?
- “I’ve always had the itch,” said Aaron. “I’ve always had something going on the side. My job’s OK, but I want to be challenged.”
Why…are you doing this? What’s the motive?
- To be challenged. To do something himself, from birth to existence.
What…gave him the biz idea?
- He heard of others publishing Public Domain books (before 1922), and realized the Anne of Green Gables series his wife was reading to their kids was available and not done well.
HOW DID HE MAKE THE FIRST DOLLAR?!
- Posted it on Amazon kindle and sales came right away…at $.99. In about 30 days he hit 7,300 sales in a single day!
- After grossing $100k in the first 12 months, he’s has his two best months recently and business continues to grow.
Resistance…to the free agent pursuit
- Time. The busyness of family and a full time job. “I’m getting rid of some other endeavors to save time, says Aaron. “Some criticism to what I was doing was also more disconcerting than it should have been.”
Inspiration…what has been a primary motive for this pursuit?
- “The challenge of it has been most inspiring,” shares Aaron. “But I dream of taking a year off of…everything. And this could help.”
Reward…what’s been the best reward so far?
Aaron says, “I thought money would be the big deal. It’s helpful and will enable some things, but hasn’t made me any happier. The fulfillment of success is more rewarding.”
- Automate and outsource and add more titles.
An Encouraging Word
- “There are huge opportunities out there. The Amazon and Kindle marketplace is staggering. Try things. Have a level of play in whatever you do.” – Aaron Kerr on free agency
Connect With Aaron