as seen on
What is Free Agent Academy
Planet Earth’s premier school for discovering your Purpose, applying it to your Work and starting a Business. Personal Development is great, but it often comes without a direct application to a specific area of our life. That’s no good. And everyone would like to be self-employed and be their own boss, right? Us to. It’s the best vehicle for freedom in our culture. There are many offerings out there, but they focus on ‘what you do well’ or whatever idea you might have or they just showcases various opportunities. Thus why most attempts fail. The heart of a business endeavor is YOU.
So putting Personal Development and Business Development together is the key. No one person can do that for you. It takes a village of experts with a common goal…working together on you. This is Free Agent Academy. A revolutionary organization committed to revolutionizing your life.
We’re primarily an online school with quarterly live events in the mountains of Colorado. As of the Fall of 2012 we’re entering our 4th year and have served well over over 600 members.
Who is Free Agent Academy?
The proud founder is ‘Agent’ Kevin Miller, but so much credit is due to a slew of brilliant and serving people. Most are showcased on our ‘Meet the Professors‘ page and a few foundational people have moved on to other amazing free agent pursuits. It truly has been a group effort, which is much the point of Free Agent Academy.
Who is Kevin Miller
Kevin has been called the ‘Pied Piper of Self-Employment’, the ‘Evangelist of Purpose’ and as Gary Barkalow of ‘The Noble Heart’ says, “Kevin is committed to making sure people don’t just know their calling, but they tangibly apply it to their lives.” Tom Ziglar (CEO of Ziglar and Zig’s son) has twice asked Kevin to host the Ziglar Success 2.0 show and cites Kevin and Free Agent Academy as “The bridge between Ziglar’s personal development and inspiration and our work with people growing businesses. Kevin & FAA help guide people who want to succeed in life to the area that best suits them TO succeed!”
Kevin’s story includes:
- Being raised by a serial entrepreneur, bestselling author Dan Miller of ’48 Days To The Work You Love”
- Starting his first full-on, legit business at age 15 – Sunshield Window Tinting
- Pro cyclist from 1992-2002
- Hosted (along with wife Teri) the 2002 U.S. National Cycling Championships in Nashville, TN
- Crashed and burned during the dot com craze, then rebounded to succeeded in the dot com craze with a Mortgage & Lending Marketing company, only to quit the business to pursue a ‘sports ministry’
- Nearly wrecking his marriage when wife Teri said “I’m done” after 5 years of chaos, $100k of business debt, four businesses and no end in site
- 2003, gave it all up, sold off everything and moved west to rebuild and discover his passion for helping people get out of the flow and grind of life, discover what they were passionate about and convicted in and figure out how to earn income doing it.
Today thousands of people tune in regularly to hear Kevin’s weekly shows and podcasts and read his blogs on discovering purpose and applying it to their vocations and lives. You can find Kevin high up in the Rocky Mountains, broadcasting from his oversized strawbale home where he abides with his wife Teri (StumblingAroundInTheLight.com) and seven children.