Purpose survey…which of these is true for you?
June 12th, 2012 by Agent Kevin Miller
Purpose of this post: To get folks thinking about how they view Purpose, what may be keeping them from pursuing it, and to give me some information I can use to break down more barriers.
- A topic of care, concern and joy that you care about at a heart level.
- Your natural giftings, talents, abilities and bent.
- A product or service opportunity that fulfills the former two things for you.
Most people would say they desire to know their Purpose and fully engage in that Purpose in their vocation. But few do. Why? It’s one of these EIGHT reasons. Please read carefully and consider each one. You may have to step back and get real with yourself. There is no shame in any answer. Some of the most awe-inspiring people on the planet are also the most frustrated and doubtful at heart. They have just found ways of coping or overcoming. But knowing the core issue is the key to…coping and overcoming.
So…which honestly fits you right now? Please list your number in the comments below, and as much as you will…explain? I’ll discuss it right here with you, and also in tomorrow’s live show (Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 5pm MT here):
- You really don’t believe you have a specific PURPOSE.
- You believe you have a PURPOSE, but you don’t have faith you can discover yours.
- You have discovered your PURPOSE or you believe you could, but you don’t really believe you could find a viable vocation, whether traditional employment or a business, that would actually allow you to work at your purpose AND make any decent, consistant income.
- You believe it’s a luxury and and option to work at something you really find PURPOSE in, not a have-to or a must.
- You may really have faith that you should discover and work in your PURPOSE, but the truth is…you just don’t see yourself doing the hard work and making the sacrifices to make it happen.
- You’re willing to make it happen, but you don’t see life easing up enough to allow you the margin to actually go after it.
- You’re actively going after it now. Full on.
- You’re already doing it!
Which is it? List below, I’ll respond to each comment, and also in tomorrow’s show.
Image by godserv