Are you dying from lack of encouragement and support?
November 28th, 2012 by Agent Kevin Miller
You’re desperately trying and wanting to believe you can be more and do more and achieve more. But chances are you’re utterly alone and unsupported. You have zero real support in going after something bigger and better in your life.
It’s not that you don’t have people who love and care about you and think very well of you. But in desiring a bigger vision for yourself and your life overall and contemplating taking action…do you have anyone in your corner literally saying,
“Hey, I know you. I understand you. And truthfully, I full out believe in you. I think you CAN do it! That thing you desire and dream about and long for…I think it’s possible and I can see you, of all people, making it happen! Sure, it will be hard and you’ll have to pull out more than you ever have, but [insert your name here], I just honestly can see you doing it. I’m with you and you have my full support!”
Read that again and imagine someone you know and RESPECT (critical) saying it to you. If you are aware of a specific thing you desire, put it in mind while you read this.
Can you imagine how you’d feel? Would it make your skin tingle and your eyes bulge a little? Would it be like hitting turbo on your heart? Would it finally push you over the edge in your self-confidence and determination to do what you know is best and right and true in your life?
Today, Zig Ziglar died. His greatest legacy? Encouraging others. Today, Seth Godin wrote a short blog of testimony to Zig and in it said, “Thanks for believing in us, the people you almost never met in person, for supporting us with your voice and your stories and your enthusiasm.”
How many people achieved things they would have never gotten close to, because this one man believed in them and helped them believe in themselves? An unprecedented amount. Listen to this short session of video clips from an interview I was blessed to have with Zig himself when I hosted my first Ziglar Success 2.0 Show. He cites his number one role as that of “an Encourager”:
So, how do you get that kind of support and encouragement for yourself?
- Buy any of Zig’s personal development materials at Ziglar.com. My favorite, the Strategies For Success DVD Series where you can watch and be impacted by classic Zig himself.
- Join us in Free Agent Academy where we can come to know you, your story and support you from truly knowing and understanding you
- Hire a personal life, career or business coach. If you need a recommendation, email us here
- Seek out a real person in your personal life who you see does this for other people, and nurture a relationship with them
- Pray and seek
It’s rare. Oh so rare. Again, my experience is hardly any of us have this. Finding it for yourself will be hard. However…
6. The one thing you can do today, for sure, no doubt…that may be the key for you finding true encouragement and support for yourself is, BE IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE. Encourage someone else. Encourage who they are and offer up your belief in them. Not just a platitude and word of support, but a look in the eyes or a personal letter that is specific and detailed and personal and real.
Have your perspective be, “How can I help them believe more about themselves and lift them up?” Do this to enough people over a period of time and you’ll experience the truth of one of Zig’s most famous quotes,
“If you help enough people get what they want, you’ll get what you want”.
We’ll be discussing this in today’s Free Agent Underground Show at 2pm MT / 4pm ET right here. Join us!
Do you feel in dire need of encouragement and support in your life? Feel alone? Have a story of what encouragement enabled you to achieve? Please share…
*Pictured, one of my most fond pictures from a day I got to spend with Zig